The Kent and Medway Progression Federation (KMPF) works to raise the aspirations and attainment of young people from certain backgrounds who might not otherwise consider progression to higher education.
KMPF is our university partner’s commitment to increasing both attainment and progression amongst those who are under-represented in higher education. It is aimed at those young people in partner schools who are most likely to benefit from taking part in higher education outreach opportunities, including:
- students from areas of low participation in higher education (we can help you identify these areas)
- students who are the first in their immediate family to go to university
- students with a disability
- students who are care experienced
- students with caring responsibilities
Eligible students in KMPF partner schools and colleges are referred to as the KMPF cohort.
What’s on offer?
Through KMPF, our university partners offer a wide range of outreach activities, including:
- Small group activities (including workshops and interactive sessions)
- Year group activities (including webinars and assemblies)
- University visits, taster days and subject-based experiences
- Student Ambassador sessions
Use our Activity Portal search to see if your institution is a partner and find your Progression Mentor.